Saturday, April 20, 2013

I've Chosen!

Begum bagair baadshah kis kaam ka,
baadshah bagair begum kis kaam ki!

Watching khalnayak after years ... and heard this song. These two lines. They meant nothing to me when I saw it last, many years ago. But today, I can't stop thinking about these two lines. They're reaching inside me, piercing me, stirring me in ways I couldn't imagine was possible!
Isn't this, in some way, the essence of human beings, the very essence of being. After one realizes self, the only way to exist is to devote the self to that one person you choose. To the begum, to the baadshah. To the extent that one paralyzes in the absence of the one you choose. One stops existing in the absence of other. Isn't our entire lives about that, isn't the entire mankind, our entire being, the entire reason for existing is to exist for that one! Out of the many billions, just one, the one you choose!
I know some of us will laugh at this sentiment, I have laughed at it all my life. I know with two people there are problems, there are circumstances, there are issues, there are fights, conflicts, conflicts of ideas, conflicts of nature, conflicts in point of views, But right now, today, in this moment... I believe that these two lines, that these two lines and the immeasurable meaning, the unfathomable depths they carry with them.. will take me through it all.

How? Why?
Coz I've chosen!