Monday, August 9, 2010

Memory Lane

This silent night, this night like few
I sit and write , a poem new
About 'ol friends, and new friends too
Memories good and bad, I quietly brew

It started with a morning bright
A face, a whisper, those eyes like night
And lightning struck me as I stared
But at that point I hardly cared.

The years ahead, were filled with light
My life reduced, to one desire
I floated in those pools of flames
they called them eyes, I called them fire.


And then one day the sky grew dark
The face was gone, the eyes were shut
The lightning left an ugly mark
A sinking feeling, Deep in my gut

The years that came, I won't regret
They broke me down and built me new
The pools of flame were now a threat
The fires out and darkness grew

And here I am, in a pitch dark room
A different man, a different heart
The stones of wisdom in my hands
Trying hard to light, another spark!!

2 comments:

Author Ghazala said...

'The stones of wisdom in my hands
Trying hard to light, another spark!!'

too true and very well said. stones of wisdom are what we gather on our way...

Shady said...

Thanks :)

Do I know you?